Musicologie Médiévale

Resources for medieval musicology and liturgy

Alasdair Codona's Discussions (60)

Discussions Replied To (27) Replies Latest Activity

"The website appears to be having problems with inputting italics."

Alasdair Codona replied Oct 15, 2018 to Rhythm, Meter and Tempo of Gregorian Chant according to Jan van Biezen

86 Nov 19, 2018
Reply by Kevin M. Rooney

"I regard the first two notes of (salvasti) me in the gradual Exaltabo te as exemplif…"

Alasdair Codona replied Oct 15, 2018 to Rhythm, Meter and Tempo of Gregorian Chant according to Jan van Biezen

86 Nov 19, 2018
Reply by Kevin M. Rooney

"Tenor uero id est ultimae uocis mora.  qui in sillaba quantuluscumque est. amplior i…"

86 Nov 19, 2018
Reply by Kevin M. Rooney

"Tenor uero id est ultimae uocis mora.  qui in sillaba quantuluscumque est. amplior i…"

86 Nov 19, 2018
Reply by Kevin M. Rooney

"<I've seen this long-substitution all over the Alleluias.  But it is also in the…"

Alasdair Codona replied Oct 13, 2018 to Rhythm, Meter and Tempo of Gregorian Chant according to Jan van Biezen

86 Nov 19, 2018
Reply by Kevin M. Rooney

"<The contrary example you gave from Alleluia Jubilate Deo highlights the parallel…"

Alasdair Codona replied Oct 13, 2018 to Rhythm, Meter and Tempo of Gregorian Chant according to Jan van Biezen

86 Nov 19, 2018
Reply by Kevin M. Rooney

"<Case 2: Written transmission, i.e. manuscript copying, increases the odds that a…"

86 Nov 19, 2018
Reply by Kevin M. Rooney

"<Case 1: If you have heard "Ad te levavi" or a similar figure only ever sung with…"

86 Nov 19, 2018
Reply by Kevin M. Rooney

"Point 2a is a good analysis and I would only add that N can produce a schwa as well.…"

Alasdair Codona replied Aug 21, 2018 to Rhythm, Meter and Tempo of Gregorian Chant according to Jan van Biezen

86 Nov 19, 2018
Reply by Kevin M. Rooney

"I am grateful to everyone for engaging in public discussion in this way.  I think th…"

Alasdair Codona replied Aug 21, 2018 to Rhythm, Meter and Tempo of Gregorian Chant according to Jan van Biezen

86 Nov 19, 2018
Reply by Kevin M. Rooney

RSS

Partnership

Listen chants of the day with

and your logo here...

We need other partners !

----------------------------------

Support MM and MMMO !

Soutenez MM et MMMO 

!

© 2021   Created by Dominique Gatté.   Powered by