Laudes regiae in the 20th century

Dear colleagues, does anybody happen to have an access to the following publication:

Chants Divers pour les saluts du tres saint sacrement, edited by F. Tourte and M. Kaltnecker (3d ed.; Tournai, Desclee & Cie. 1924)?

I am interested only in pages 251 and 252 which are supposed to contain modern versions of the laudes regiae.

You need to be a member of Musicologie Médiévale to add comments!

Join Musicologie Médiévale

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Dear colleagues, 

thank you very much for sharing your papers with me! 

I apologize for the late reply. I somehow missed your posts here.

• cf. N. Moran, Zwei Herrscherakklamationen in einer griechischen Handschrift aus S..., Publication Date: 1977

Zwei Herrscherakklamationen in einer griechischen Handschrift aus Süditalien
    Zwei Herrscherakklamationen in einer griechischen Handschrift aus Süditalien
  • I have the pages you desire, attached below. The first is the composition by Aloys Kunc (1882). The other is similar in melody but not in text to the Cantus Selecti edition. You are no doubt familiar with my paper in *Cantus Planus 2006.* Incidentally, the reference by Pere Anselme to the CD "Chant Wars" is good. I consider this to be the only recording that captures the excitement of a coronation, preserving the distinction among schola, choir and congregation. Every other recording sounds like monks praying in a chapel.

Scan1.jpeg

Scan2.jpeg

Scan3.jpeg

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/9126767460?profile=original
  • Numquam inveni scriptam versionem aliam ac restitutio solesmensis.

Nisi memoria fallor, nova restitutio ex manuscriptis et secundum textum paulo differentem confecta est : ad registrationem (CD), quae sub nomine "CHANT WARS" (Sequentia + Dialogos) inveniri potest. Hanc ergo versionem tantum ex auditu novi.

Vale!

• Dear Pere Anselme, 

thank You very much for Your answer! Do You maybe know, is this the same version of Laudes regiae as found in Chants Divers? 

Père Anselme a dit :

Invenitur versio moderna pro LAUDIBUS REGIIS etiam in libro "Cantus Selecti" (Solesmes),

in paginis : 263* et sequentibus (n°230)

Vide : hic.

Vale !

Laudes regiae in the 20th century
    Dear colleagues, does anybody happen to have an access to the following publication: Chants Divers pour les saluts du tres saint sacrement, edited by…
  • Invenitur versio moderna pro LAUDIBUS REGIIS etiam in libro "Cantus Selecti" (Solesmes),

in paginis : 263* et sequentibus (n°230)

Vide : hic.

Vale !

This reply was deleted.