Le fichier pdf réunissant les trois zones :

Toutes_zones.pdf

RESP Dominus mecum est :

Zone_germanique_France_est.jpg

Zone_non_germanique.jpg

Ordres_Religieux.jpg

Le fichier pdf réunissant les trois tableaux :

Dominus_mecum_est_Toutes_zones.pdf

You need to be a member of Musicologie Médiévale to add comments!

Join Musicologie Médiévale

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Nous revenons sur le passage "DOmine" de l'OFF Deus tu convertens, avec un tableau comparatif :

9126839460?profile=original

La composition de passage A de l'OFF Deus tu convertens, qu'elle soit présente dans  sous forme A1, A2 ou A3, s'inscrit dans un cadre de développement architectural. La phase la moins développée, est représentée par la COM Inclina aurem tuam, celles, plus développées, par les ANT Quid faciam et Pater Juste . Les formes  A1, A2 et A3 empruntent leur construction aux exemples précédents. Par ailleurs, le registre aigu qui, dans l'OFF, précède "Domine", ne saurait constituer une preuve, par jeu d'influence, en faveur du bécarre après le quart de barre. L'exemple du RESP Sancta et immaculata, emprunté au ms de St Maur-des-Fossés, est là pour l'infirmer. Le bécarre, évident à "CApere", n'a pas empêché l'apparition du bémol, inhérent à cette formule.

Conclusion : bémol sur les SI, en A1 et en A3.

• Bonsoir Franco, votre objection concernant l'opportunité du manuscrit de Montpellier pour l'étude de la pertinence des bémols mérite en effet toute notre attention. Le résultat de notre examen de ce manuscrit fera l'objet d'une nouvelle discussion.

Observons que ce manuscrit, quand il signale le bémol, se conforme à la logique du développement des formules (LA/SIB/DO) puis bécarre ultérieurement. Un aspect tout aussi intéressant est que le notateur du H159 donne - chose rare

dans les autes mss - son avis sur les SI quilismatiques, multipliant ainsi les lieux d'observations.

Dans les pages qui suivent, après quelques remarques concernant l'alternance rapprochée bémol/bécarre (que l'on peut, par exemple, présumer dans ROM, en dépit de la rareté du signe), nous mettons l'accent sur la persistance du bémol dans le cadre du développement architectural. Nous avons déjà eu l'occasion de l'évoquer dans ce groupe de travail.

9126838286?profile=original

9126838665?profile=original

9126838065?profile=original

9126838458?profile=original

• Un exemple simple qui vaut preuve pour le I couché, mais pas pour le I droit dans Montpellier est celui-ci :

9126806486?profile=originalMême texte, même mélodie, même bémol...

franco ackermans said:

Bravo Dominique, again a wonderfull piece of work. You are giving scholars the material to work and discuss.

I hope many will do!

About the proposition. I would like to comment A: you propose sib on the vivificabis NOS melisma. GT 20,4 GrN 9.6

Page 2 (tableau) and page 4 Formula A: b in Rouen, Cam61 and Troyes, but Mp (your H 159) has si here!

In the following example (cor meum) Mp has sib and si in the same neume. Very adventurous.

P. 5 ‘The non-cursive i is no solid evidence for si naturale, only the italic i is, for sibmolle’

First: this knowledge is new to me. Second: this particular example shows the two hands in writing letters in the H 159 / Montpellier-codex (the scribes Y and Z, see Hansen)

P. 6. IN Ego (domino) and IN Nunc scio (angelum suum): Mp has si and not sib. Thus 2 of the 4 given examples are in favour, two are not!

P. 7 The two examples from GR Eripe: Only the first has sib, the second has si according to H 159!

I don't think a sib on NOS is out of the question, there are witnesses to be found. But arguing with the testimony of Montpellier would not be my choice .

L'offertoire Deus tu convertens - Développement organique - Conséquences sur le SI bémol
    TABLEAUX SYNOPTIQUES : OFF Deus tu convertens : Zone_germanique_France_est.jpg France_Nord_Centre.jpg Iles_a_Italie_du_Sud.jpg Le fichier pdf réuniss…
  •  About the B-formula:

P. 7-10 et salu-TA-re (formula B): you propose sib. First : this is about esthetics. If you start this little phrase with sol_si, si dododo, I would be very surprised to have sib on the accent followed by si on TUUM. And I don’t think we’ll find one manuscript to testify.

If we would start with sol_do, dodododo, the sib afterwards would not be impossible. And given the fact that all SG have virga + tristrofa, Laon writes the 4 notes in equal position (Chartres doesn’t) , one would have a point. But then second, consistency: if Bv34, Albi and Yrieix agree on the subsemitonal intonation, we normally follow.

• Bravo Dominique, again a wonderfull piece of work. You are giving scholars the material to work and discuss.

I hope many will do!

About the proposition. I would like to comment A: you propose sib on the vivificabis NOS melisma. GT 20,4 GrN 9.6

Page 2 (tableau) and page 4 Formula A: b in Rouen, Cam61 and Troyes, but Mp (your H 159) has si here!

In the following example (cor meum) Mp has sib and si in the same neume. Very adventurous.

P. 5 ‘The non-cursive i is no solid evidence for si naturale, only the italic i is, for sibmolle’

First: this knowledge is new to me. Second: this particular example shows the two hands in writing letters in the H 159 / Montpellier-codex (the scribes Y and Z, see Hansen)

P. 6. IN Ego (domino) and IN Nunc scio (angelum suum): Mp has si and not sib. Thus 2 of the 4 given examples are in favour, two are not!

P. 7 The two examples from GR Eripe: Only the first has sib, the second has si according to H 159!

I don't think a sib on NOS is out of the question, there are witnesses to be found. But arguing with the testimony of Montpellier would not be my choice .

This reply was deleted.