Autun 152 Transcription of Modulus motet

An untranscribed motet in Autun 152 (other pieces: – [P]uis qu’ainsy est qu’ay l’amour de m’ami – rondeau, 3vv (PMFC 22, no. 62; not in Apel CMM).  Text residuum is after the Ct part; also De narcisscus : Trem, Pit, Reina, Chantilly, Autun 152, Paris n. a. frç 6221 [text source], SL 2211, [2017]: Bergamo 589 (PMFC 18, no. 16).

tenor is O Christe pietas.  As in Paris BnF lat. 15181, f. 375r http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b8447768b/f757.item (only one note different).  – isorhythmic in Ct and Tenor. possibly in missing Triplum?

You need to be a member of Musicologie Médiévale to add comments!

Join Musicologie Médiévale

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thank you for your work!

If I may, I have a few questions.
    Why didn't you take into account the diesis in the Ct, transcription staff 2 measure 2? The hand seems different, but couldn't the sign, with the dot inside, look medieval nevertheless? The resulting augmented fourth would be interesting.
    And between staves 2 and 3, upper voice: I think your music software ate several notes (d semibrevis, c-d minimae). But since the arrival on c-c-d (staff 3) contrapuntally works, wouldn't that be possible that the voices could be shifted so that the counterpoint falls in place? I don't know what to think about the 9th f-c-g, staff 2 measure 6, and the d-a-b chord two measures later.
    Maybe there is something with the notes at the beginning of the second staff of the upper voice in the manuscript? If the last 6 measures of the second staff of your transcription were shifted by one half-note to the left, the counterpoint would be improved. What do you think?

• yes!!! :-)

Dominique Gatté said:

Thank you !

Je ne pas m’empêcher de mettre le lien le vers la source :

9126841281?profile=original

Autun 152 Transcription of Modulus motet
    An untranscribed motet in Autun 152 (other pieces: – [P]uis qu’ainsy est qu’ay l’amour de m’ami – rondeau, 3vv (PMFC 22, no. 62; not in Apel CMM).  T…
  • Thank you !

Je ne pas m’empêcher de mettre le lien le vers la source :

9126841281?profile=original

This reply was deleted.

Partnership

and your logo here...

We need other partners !

----------------------------------

Soutenir et adhérer à l'Association Musicologie Médiévale !

Support and join The Musicologie Médiévale Association!

for
MM & MMMO