Replies

• No, but you can order a microfilm print at Moni Vlatadon (Thessaloniki). Iviron (Iberon) Ms. 1203b, f. 3r:

Ἅλλοτες ὅταν ἐκούρσευαν οἱ Τοῦρκοι τὴν ταπεινὴν τὴν Πόσναν, classified by Kyriakos Kalaitzidis as “folk” (notated into Middle Byzantine notation with a tetartos signature).

Reference

Kalaitzidis, Kyriakos. Post-Byzantine music manuscripts as a source for Oriental secular music (15th to early 19th century). transl. by Kiriaki Koubaroulis and Dimitri Koubaroulis. Istanbuler Texte und Studien 28. Würzburg: Ergon-Verl., 2012, 83.

Blick ins Buch
  • Some microfilms made of the Iviron collection have been published at the Library of Congress, but Ms. 1203 is not among them.

• Thank you Oliver for valuable info where can I order a microfilm print.

Checked already loc.gov collection.

Here is a list of published manuscrips with neumes from National Library of Israel.

http://merhav.nli.org.il/primo-explore/search?query=any,contains,ne...

All the best

Andrija

• Thanks, Andrija.

It is worth a new discussion...

• I checked the provenance, and all the Greek chant manuscripts are again microfilms of those manuscripts of the Sinai collection which had not been published by the Library of Congress.

If I prepare further descriptions of sticheraria, anthologies of the Papadike and other books of the hyphos school within the Sinai collection, I will also insert digitised microfilms offered by the National Library of Jerusalem.

As far as I can understand these “politics of publication”, the Byzantine heritage also of institutions at Jerusalem like the Patriarchate and Mar Saba was published at the Library of Congress, while the Ottoman part of the Sinai collection was published by the National Library of Israel.

• From (Stathis 2015: 579) Catalogue:

Ivirion 1203, Kratimatarion, 17 century (2nd half)

3r Ετούτο εποιήθη εις την άλωσιν της Μπόσνας

ήχος τέταρτος δ΄

initium: Άλλοτες όταν εκούρσεβαν οι Τούρκοι την ταπεινήν την Μπόσναν

• I will try to find a better picture.

song.png

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/9126887885?profile=original
  • Thank you so much for this present!

• Sorry for late answer

THANK YOU!!!!

All the best in new 2020!

Polykarpos Polykarpidis said:

I will try to find a better picture.

Iviron 1203 secular song
    Dear friends, I look for a song from MS Iviron 1203 ΘΡΗΝΟΣ ΣΤΗΝ ΑΛΩΣΗ ΤΗΣ ΜΠΟΣΝΑΣ (Lament For The Conquest Of Bosna). Can you help me to find it in o…

• Andrija Sagic said:

Sorry for late answer

THANK YOU!!!!

All the best in new 2020!

Polykarpos Polykarpidis said:

I will try to find a better picture.

New Doc 2020-01-04 00.52.58_1.jpg

Iviron 1203 secular song
    Dear friends, I look for a song from MS Iviron 1203 ΘΡΗΝΟΣ ΣΤΗΝ ΑΛΩΣΗ ΤΗΣ ΜΠΟΣΝΑΣ (Lament For The Conquest Of Bosna). Can you help me to find it in o…
This reply was deleted.