The Organa and Clausulae of MS I-Fl Pluteus 29.1

by Thomas B. Payne (editor)
The annotated transcriptions offered here grew over many years. They originated out of my own curiosity in assessing and interpreting the contents of this most extensive of all the manuscript sources of “Notre Dame” music. In their present state they are intended primarily as a handy – and I hope useful – set of resources for scholars and performers. I originally posted earlier versions of these files on Academia.edu, and was exceedingly pleased in the early months of 2021 to be asked by the governing committee of the Digital Image Archive of Medieval Music (DIAMM – https://www.diamm.ac.uk/) to present them under their auspices...
Voir la suite :

You need to be a member of Musicologie Médiévale to add comments!

Join Musicologie Médiévale

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Raphaël Picazos said:

Merci beaucoup pour ce partage ! (bien que ça facilitera le travail des étudiants les plus paresseux :-) Et Bravo surtout pour ce formidable travail si soigneux et admirable. C'est prodigieux ! Et utile car il reste matière à discussion sur bien des choix. (par ex, pourquoi dans le 3e ordre avoir traité la quinaria du triple comme les deux binariae du double avec plique? etc.) 

Many thanks for your kind words!  To answer your question, the interpretation of the quinaria as I gave it seemed to make the most sense, and it is supported by comparable readings in the other sources.

• Merci, Dominique. I was planning to do a bit of an announcement on Facebook, but had not yet got around to it yet.  Thank you for helping to get the word out.

• Merci beaucoup pour ce partage ! (bien que ça facilitera le travail des étudiants les plus paresseux :-) Et Bravo surtout pour ce formidable travail si soigneux et admirable. C'est prodigieux ! Et utile car il reste matière à discussion sur bien des choix. (par ex, pourquoi dans le 3e ordre avoir traité la quinaria du triple comme les deux binariae du double avec plique? etc.) 

• Nice example!

When I taught it, I made my own just to teach my students to forget about transcriptions and sing directly out of the original notation. Such a didactic purpose can never be underestimated (especially the use of the 6th rhythmic mode)...

This reply was deleted.