Cantigas de Santa Maria facsimile at auction

A copy of the 1979 facsimile of the Codice Rico of the Cantigas de Santa Maria is in the 11 December auction list of the Catalan auction house Soler y Llach

https://www.soleryllach.com/soler4/catalogo/d/0428-1/0061

where it is Lot 61.

The reserve price of EUR 450 shows how much the value of these volumes has plummeted since the new facsimile by Testimonio was issued...

Stephen Parkinson

You need to be a member of Musicologie Médiévale to add comments!

Join Musicologie Médiévale

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Stephen Parkinson a dit :

The reason the facsimiles are expensive is that the text is accompanied by lavish full-page illustrative miniatures. When this limited edition was launched in 1979 it had a cover price in the region of 10,000 USD, and the 2011 publication superseding it is about that price. There are no other authorised facsimiles or digital images of the text and music.
    The reproduction of the musical notation is better in the newer edition. No reliable transcription is yet available, though Manuel Pedro Ferreira of the Universidade Nova, Lisbon, is working on it...

Stephen Parkinson
    Stephen, do you think it actually is possible to come up with a reliable transcription? Having studied some of the Angles edition, listened to the innumerable renditions by various performers and played quite a few myself, I tend to think that it sort of IS open to rather broad interpretation. I have the rhythm and structure in mind, not the actual notes, of course.
    Cantigas de Santa Maria facsimile at auction
    A copy of the 1979 facsimile of the Codice Rico of the Cantigas de Santa Maria is in the 11 December auction list of the Catalan auction house Soler…
  • The reason the facsimiles are expensive is that the text is accompanied by lavish full-page illustrative miniatures. When this limited edition was launched in 1979 it had a cover price in the region of 10,000 USD, and the 2011 publication superseding it is about that price. There are no other authorised facsimiles or digital images of the text and music.
    The reproduction of the musical notation is better in the newer edition. No reliable transcription is yet available, though Manuel Pedro Ferreira of the Universidade Nova, Lisbon, is working on it...

Stephen Parkinson
  • Très cher (trop)…surtout pour un fac-similé relativement récent…je serais preneur d'une copie de fac-similé, l'important est de réaliser la musique.

Je suis à la recherche de l'intégrale des transcriptions…par ailleurs.

• Avec l'argent que cela coûte, je mange pendant un mois minimum.

This reply was deleted.