Nous pouvons voir en ce moment en vente sur ebay, 23 folios d'un même graduel, certainement cartusien du XVème siècle.

https://www.ebay.ch/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XGREGORIANIK%2CCHORAL%2CLITHURGISCHE+HANDSCHRIFT+AUF+PERGAMENT%2CUM.TRS0&_nkw=GREGORIANIK%2CCHORAL%2CLITHURGISCHE+HANDSCHRIFT+AUF+PERGAMENT%2CUM&_sacat=0

You need to be a member of Musicologie Médiévale to add comments!

Join Musicologie Médiévale

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• For your informations actually i finish a master degree in medieval musicology of the best university in France (Paris) so Judging a person without really knowing him or her....

You said : "It is very easy. Just charge him with a big fee (a sum or a part of the price) for this practice and it is no longer "profitable"! At least not for the seller, but for public collections..."

You have a work right ? so the seller must have money to live too... It's easy to understand... And don't forget it's not the seller who separate the MS he just sell folios....

Oliver Gerlach said:

Oh, I understood you were on the same level with those PhD students...

It is very easy. Just charge him with a big fee (a sum or a part of the price) for this practice and it is no longer "profitable"! At least not for the seller, but for public collections...

It was also once a normal custom in "noble" circles of Prussia, that you brought as a "guest present" some piece of autograph with the hand of a famous composer, cut out of a sketchbook.

Quite fortunately, this is no longer a custom!

Graduel cartusien démembré en vente sur ebay
    Nous pouvons voir en ce moment en vente sur ebay, 23 folios d'un même graduel, certainement cartusien du XVème siècle. https://www.ebay.ch/sch/i.ht…
  • Oh, I understood you were on the same level with those PhD students...

It is very easy. Just charge him with a big fee (a sum or a part of the price) for this practice and it is no longer "profitable"! At least not for the seller, but for public collections (if you forward the fee to them)...

It was also once a normal custom in "noble" circles of Prussia, that you brought as a "guest present" some piece of autograph with the hand of a famous composer, cut out of a sketchbook.

Quite fortunately, this is no longer a custom!

• Here no one understand... On the one hand there are art sellers who want profit (it's a buisness) and on the other hand PhD's and students who want a cultural heritage it's not the same goal.

• The guys need rules and licenses, otherwise they will just compost cultural heritage for profit reasons.

Definitely a very bad publicity for Sven Heininger and his Antique shop!!!

• no comment....

Paul Shannon said:

Herr Heininger's reply to me: "ich würde mich freuen, wenn Sie alle Blätter erwerben würden, dann blieben sie alle zusammen."

Graduel cartusien démembré en vente sur ebay
    Nous pouvons voir en ce moment en vente sur ebay, 23 folios d'un même graduel, certainement cartusien du XVème siècle. https://www.ebay.ch/sch/i.ht…
  • Herr Heininger's reply to me: "ich würde mich freuen, wenn Sie alle Blätter erwerben würden, dann blieben sie alle zusammen."

• Yes !

I have already contact different ebay seller for the same problem.

Each time the same answer : "It would not be profitable to sell the lot." !

• Shouldn't the folios be kept together?

The vendor's contact details are readily found on ebay: Sven Heininger, Online-Antiquariat Antiquarische Kostbarkeiten, Fiechtlerstr.13, Günsberg, 4524 Switzerland, telephone +41 32 6219016, email sven.heininger@freenet.de.

Message contact with a real person at ebay was also possible, last time I tried, at www.facebook.com/find-friends/browser/.

This reply was deleted.