Unedited sequence Christiana plebs letetur?

Dear colleagues, 

I have tried to track down this sequence but without success. Could someone maybe help me with it? Or suggest where to search. I already checked the AH-database and Clavis sequentiarum within the Cantus database. 

It is notated as a later addition (presumably in the early 14th ct) on the last folio of the Dominican summer antiphoner kept in Split, Croatia, of unknown provenance - possibly Dalmatian, but could be North Italian as well. It doesn't, of course, belong to the core repertory of the Dominican sequentiary.

Since the part of the folio is cut out, only first three strophes are complete. In the attachment you can see both the original and my transcription. 

Christiana* plebs letetur

regi summo moduletur

iubilans feliciter. 

Saulus pridem lupus magnus

Paulus factus est et agnus 

serviens humiliter.

Christi domus eruditor 

precentorum exauditor 

illustrator mentium. 

* The initial letter in the manuscript is missing, so I hope I offered a correct reading. 

DSC08141.JPG

Sequence Christiana plebs.jpg

You need to be a member of Musicologie Médiévale to add comments!

Join Musicologie Médiévale

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I forgot to say, regarding melody, I managed to identified it: it the same one, Dominican, as used both for the Marian sequence Ave virgo gloriosa, AH 54-277, and for the one used in the feasts of St. Dominic In caelesti ierarchia, AH 55-115.

This reply was deleted.