Replies

• Thank you very much for your explanation.

• Dear Oliver - my apologies: I was not very clear (being too casual). I just meant that I was enjoying the way that some notational shapes are reminiscent of those in Leon 8, and some are reminiscent of those in manuscripts like Aemil 30 and Aemil 56 - it just enriches my understanding of the notational styles in existence in medieval Iberia.

• Honestly I am not an expert of Mozarabic chant, but if León and La Rioja points to Randel's classification, it was rather a classification of psalmody as far as I understood.

The notator of this manuscript has certainly the vertical elegance which can be found in the Antiphonary of León, but I find this hand quite different. What I can not find in this antiphonary is the liquiscent form as we see it in the last line of Dominique's extract, which might look for some like a Bolognese porrectus. Among mozarabic hands it reminds me rather of certain uncial forms in the fragment of Zaragoza (ms. 418), although it is written there in another round shape.

• It's such a fun mixture of Leon8-like notation and Rioja-style notation, isn't it? :-D

• The notated part is the last one titled "Ordo ad media et noctis" (fol. 209-224'). But it is not easy to reproduce such a fine scripture.

Thank you very much for communicating the link to this great manuscript.

• Merci à vous deux !

Ce manuscrit est vraiment magnifique !!!!!

Les neumes sont aussi de toute beauté !

9126752664?profile=original

• And here the link to the similar book from his wife, Sancha, now at the Salamanca University Library
    http://gredos.usal.es/jspui/handle/10366/55563
  • Hi Dominique, the link is at the bottom of the page - Or here!

Millennium Web Catalog
  • Click at the bottom of the page, on "Ler
    exemplar dixitalizado da BUSC
    ". It takes a while to download!

• Merci pour ce lien, mais où trouve-t-on les images en ligne ?

This reply was deleted.