Creo que he hecho de nuevo un gran paso adelante en mi método. El sacrificium he puesto en YouTube es un primer ejemplo. Por supuesto, el manuscrito tiene algunas raspaduras y sugiere algunas neumas que faltan, pero la melodía principal sugerida en el manuscrito se presenta en la reconstrucción.

You need to be a member of Musicologie Médiévale to add comments!

Join Musicologie Médiévale

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Here a new link to this video: https://www.bitchute.com/video/n3W6PGpoGiRS/

On 7 May 2021, YouTube deleted my channel, that I started in 2007 and which had about 80 chant video's and 200 video's on the crisis of March 2020. My channel had 7000 subscribers.

I was told that I violated "community guidelines", probably due to the fact that most of my video's exposed a view on the pandemic that is not in line with governments, mainstream media, bigtech and bigpharma.

To me this is a clear sign that "the free West" has become a fiction. In a free society censorship should not be the response to dissent. Instead dissent should be a reason for debate in order to see which view has best arguments supporting the facts. However, we increasingly see a criminalisation of dissent. Dissenting voices are even labelled as "domestic terrorists".

Needless to say that the majority view not necessarily represents the truth. A clear example to the contrary is given by the discussion about the centre of the universe. Ptolemy (100-170) saw the earth as the centre. Since Copernicus (1473-1543) science preferred the sun as the centre. Copernicus views were suppressed for two centuries. Today the relevant two competing views are: 1. A natural pandemic causing death and destruction, and: 2. A power grab doing the same in order to build a new world order.

My chant videos (gregorian, mozarabic, ambrosian and others) are still available here: http://www.gregoriana.nl/videos.htm

My video's on the crisis are still available here: http://www.gregoriana.nl/tv.htm

So everybody can decide for himselve whether GooTube's action is legitimate.

Sicut cedrus exaltata sum | Canto Mozárabe
    Realización computational de un sacrificium mozárabe por una virgine, Santa Eulalia (12 feb 303) y Santa Águeda
  • A problem which does by the way only exist among those who study Western traditions of plainchant! I was quite surprised, when I discovered the difference...

But nevertheless, I like the stories around certain traditions as much as passionate discussions about all questions of performance practice. Please take it as an encouragement!

• Dear Reinier,

Thanks for your feedback. It seems that musicologists are not really concerned about music, but prefer stories about music instead. I am more interested in the music than in the stories. I prefer the tralala above the blabla, so to say. You can see this as a choice. But maybe there is also a missed opportunity here. Trying to interpret mozarabic neumes e.g., without looking for its music, in my view, is a bit strange. Of course we know the melodies are lost. But even fake melodies could help you learn to interpret this tradition. And, of course, to find better melodies you should also study what has been written about the subject. That's what I am trying to do.

I think Ricossa (as always) had a good point last week when he started a discussion on facebook about these two worlds living apart: musicologists and performers.

• Dear Geert,

Congratulations with this significant step forward concerning your reconstruction work and the great performance of one of the results. Your reconstruction method of mozarabic chant still becoming better, it really deserves more serious attention among musicologists.

Greetings from

Reinier van der Lof   

This reply was deleted.