Quelqu'un sait-il pourquoi on trouve cette transcription du crucifigat à 3 voix dans l'édition de G.A Anderson (1) aux pages 233-34, alors que la version figurant au folio 46 v (lien ci-dessous) donne une mélodie différente à la voix supérieure. 

http://diglib.hab.de/wdb.php?pointer=103&dir=mss%2F1099-helmst

L'autre ms. Wfbl  (Helmstedt 628, cf.lien ci-dessous) donne aussi un Crucifigat à 3 voix, dont la  est également différent de celui de l'édition de G.A. Anderson

http://diglib.hab.de/wdb.php?pointer=153&dir=mss%2F628-helmst

Firenze Pluteo et Las Huelgas ne donnent, eux, que des versions à 2 voix, sauf erreur.

D'où vient alors cette version à 3 donnée par G.A. Anderson ?

(1) the latin compositions in fascicules VII and VIII of the Notre-Dame manuscript Wolfenbüttel

You need to be a member of Musicologie Médiévale to add comments!

Join Musicologie Médiévale

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• yes ! I didn't thought about Cambridge.

This transcription from GAA is very often similar with Cambridge. But there are nevertheless some small differences (especially in the 3rd voice). 

best thanks for all answers. ES

• So, I'll be interested to see if GAA mentions what he has added on his own in his commentary. There's always something interesting coming out of these seemingly innocuous questions!
  • The Sanders reconstruction of the triplum at the missing section of Q.B. 1 has significant differences from the Anderson reconstruction, and, sadly, he doesn't talk about them.

• I do not have my copy of the Anderson Latin compositions volume with me, but he may say something about the source or reason for his readings in the critical notes portion of his study. I also think that Ernest Sanders, in his article in the Anderson Festschrift on datable conductus also discusses the Cambridge Triplum voice. There thus may be further information on the question in that place.
  • Yes it does seem to be from Q.B. 1.  The trouble is, the top line from Q.B.1 is nearly unreadable from "altera" through "arbor"... From where did he get that section of the triplum?  Not from F, W1, or W2... 

• This is almost certainly the version from Cambridge, Jesus College, (GB-Cjec) Q.B.1: no. 7, f. 1c. There may be images available on the DIAMM website if you wish to see the original.
This reply was deleted.