Copy of Squarcialupi Codex (auction 2014)

Bonjour à tous,

Je viens de voir dans un ancien catalogue de vente une copie manuscrite d'un folio du Codex Squarcialupi.

https://doyle.com/auctions/14bp01-rare-books-autographs-photographs/catalogue/106-manuscript-two-large-cuttings

C'est en soit une chose plus ou moins banale de voir une copie de manuscrit en vente, mais seulement, je n'arrive pas à expliquer la modification rythmique faite par le copiste. il a transformé la majeure partie des minimes en fusas !

You need to be a member of Musicologie Médiévale to add comments!

Join Musicologie Médiévale

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thank you Dominique! I wish I had bought these -- the price was right!  

The person who made this is undoubtedly the same scribe as the page in Yerevan Armenia (Yerevan 144, discovered by Kurt von Fischer). The handwriting is the same, the transformation of the notation is the same, and the attempt to keep the important parts of the text in the same position while not caring at all about musical sense is exactly the same. The number of forgeries containing Squarcialupi fakes is continuing to increase. I've been working for some time on the Yerevan and Toronto source (different copyist); while this and the Yerevan source seem to have been done to make something beautiful without an attempt to deceive, the Toronto fake is undoubtedly an attempt to make money by forging something valuable (it worked in that the only article on the Toronto ms. [by an art historian!] did not recognize it as a modern fake).

Dominique Gatté
    Dominique Gatté у Facebook Приєднайтеся до Facebook, щоб зв'язатися з Dominique Gatté та іншими друзями і знайомими. Facebook дозволяє людям ділитися…
This reply was deleted.

Partnership

and your logo here...

We need other partners !

----------------------------------

Soutenir et adhérer à l'Association Musicologie Médiévale !

Support and join The Musicologie Médiévale Association!

for
MM & MMMO